Ancestral Supplements has been here to help you feel alive since 2015! We are the founders of the Organ Supplement Movement and it is our mission to put back in what the modern world left out. Our purpose is to restore health and well-being through educating individuals about the benefits of consuming high-quality, grass-fed & finished organ meats, and incorporating other primal ways of our early ancestors that have been lost in the modern world. We offer a simple, elegant solution to help people thrive and a one-of-a-kind guided experience to support their health journey.
Senior Marketing Director
The Senior Marketing Director guides our brand in the right direction by looking up and out, making good decisions, and working collaboratively alongside the Ancestral Supplements team. The successful candidate has a passion for contributing to the strategic direction of the business, while also serving in a tactical, more hands-on capacity to drive digital marketing. The Senior Marketing Director operates with an open mind, is willing to push back on the status quo, and can toggle between short term tactical activities, and longer term strategic initiatives, in a hyper-growth, fluid organization. The Director must have the business acumen to seize opportunities to offer expanded solutions and a broader message, collaborating with clients in a way that differentiates Ancestral Supplements from transactional supplement companies that focus solely on selling a product. He or she must have a desire to serve our brand, spread our message and help people thrive!
This position has two current direct reports. We are looking for someone who can coach, develop and grow a team. We are seeking someone who has the potential to grow into a larger role in 12-18 months depending upon performance and the successful trajectory of the business. This position reports directly to the CEO. The successful candidate will lead the company’s digital marketing, communication, public relations, social media, and product marketing strategies in an e-commerce environment. This leader will have a proven track record of launching media campaigns to generate relevant high-volume traffic and customer engagement of ideal clients. The Director will play a critical role in the company’s growth and be influential in positioning Ancestral Supplements as a disruptor in the health, wellness and fitness market category, specifically vitamins and supplements.
You will thrive here if:
- You have a passion for helping people live their healthiest life
- You can operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You nerd out about data analytics, scaling, and influencing a company’s growth trajectory
- You believe data-led decision-making is the norm
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- Lead all marketing and communications activities while aligning to organizational metrics and objectives.
- Ensure internal alignment by hitting milestones and implementing a strategic plan holding people accountable to deliverable dates and quality
- Accountable for Amazon marketplace and e-commerce performance
- Lead with positive influence, best practices, accountability, and clear direction, to ensure engagement and growth of current and future team members
- Oversee, evaluate, and directly manage relationships with marketing and communications vendors, agencies and contractors in addition to the internal team
- Own and optimize the paid media strategy to drive web traffic and conversion growth and meet goals across Search, SEO, Social Media, and other paid channels
- Develop and execute demand generation strategies and campaigns that deliver highly qualified marketing leads to Sales and nurture the existing pipeline of prospects
- Achieve monthly targets of qualified leads to handover to the sales development team
- Develop integrated paid and organic programs that significantly increase the marketing database and overall pipeline
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our marketing automation system to better nurture leads and increase conversion rates to marketing qualified leads
- Manage relationships with marketing vendors and public relations partners
- Must have a passion and commitment for living a healthy, ancestral lifestyle while showcasing their hunger and drive to meet their goals of converting followers to customers, and strengthening the relationship with current customers to increase organic sales
- At least 5-7 years of DTC experience in Amazon Marketplace and e-commerce platforms such as Shopify
- 2-4 of vitamin/supplement or similar experience
- Evidence of having grown company product sales year over year for at least 3 consecutive years
- Evidence of managing agency selection and performance in a virtual environment
- Knowledge of MarTech for automation, tracking, and conversion
- At least 3 years of senior Marketing leadership experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with executive team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership skills
- Hands on strategic and tactical knowledge of customer journey, SEO, and PPC
- Able to produce and present marketing reports and drive decision-making through the use of data
- Demonstrated passion and willingness to learn
- Experience with reputation management
- Understand how to interpret marketplace trends and read data to make actionable decisions
- Experience with offline direct to consumer
- To increase market penetration in the vitamin/supplement category and build brand ambassadors.
- Accountability for the sales pipeline, focusing on demand generation and progression as well as demand and support in our install base
- Excellence for the company across a growing, multi-product portfolio
- Proven leadership expertise with strong, effective team-building skills with the ability to lead with integrity and hold teams accountable
- Experience overseeing creative deliverables
- Hands-on experience with SEO tools to understand the customer’s journey and develop the marketing engine to generate more leads
- Highly analytical to understand market trends and be able to conduct product marketing exercises
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Good communication, marketing, presentation, research, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in planning, managing, and executing multi-channel, multi-segment marketing campaigns
- Subject matter knowledge of traditional and digital marketing
- Experience in delivering marketing messages through video and social media.